The Gate to the Great Lakes: Custer[KTTF 1.0]
This scenery is part of a series! Purchase both available scenery packs for the best experience!
The Gate to the Great Lakes: Custer (KTTF) Region is here for X-Plane 11!
Attitude Simulations brings you a level of detail never before seen in X-Plane with this new regionalized scenery pack! This pack will later be able to be coupled with packs for Ann Arbor Municipal Airport (KARB), Erie International Airport (KERI), Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (KDTW), and Mackinac Island Airport (KMCD), making for an amazing experience all around the Great Lakes!
The product has full compatibility and features that take advantage of the available technology in X-Plane 11!
A 64 sq. mile region of insanely detailed scenery with thousands of hand placed buildings and other details! This scenery pack is a part of a series in the Great Lakes area to be released soon. Coupling all of them together will provide an experience like never before seen in X-Plane!
X-Plane 11, Mac & Windows
Custer Airfield and the nearby town of Monroe, MI. Custer Airfield is small public airstrip located just 20 miles south of KDTW Detroit. The airfield was created in 1946 and originally used as a bombing practice area. There are still signs to this day warning of digging and metal detecting as there have been recent discoveries of unexploded ordinance. Monroe, known for the partial meltdown of its Fermi II nuclear facility back in 1966 (included as POI), is located on Lake Erie’s western coast. KTTF Custer is in perfect range to some exciting destinations, such as New York City, Chicago, Cincinnati, Boston, Washington D.C. & Toronto.
Attitude Simulations has develop an airfield that will offer the real world pilot and avid simmer the ability to simulate realistic VFR training as well as a tough workload in instrument conditions. Working in the pattern at Custer (KTTF) you will notice an incredible amount of detail below that helps to bring in a great feeling of immersion as well as flying so close to DTW and having to be aware of the Class Bravo shelf and altitude restrictions in the area. When DTW is landing to the North the traffic comes in directly overhead of KTTF. This presents many challenges and for online pilots it will be a fun place to fly their GA aircraft on busy nights.
Helicopter pilots will find themselves getting lost in the details. With several helipads and fun landing zones off field, you air beaters will love simulating medical emergencies and police operations in Monroe, MI. I implore all of those police pilots to search for some illegal operations hiding in the bushes. Utility & charter helicopter pilots should depart from KTTF and give the raised platform at The DTE Fermi II Nuclear plant a shot. Gusty winds off of Lake Erie can make the final approach a bit rough but tons of fun!
• Hand painted airport ground textures with highly detailed specular maps
• 64 square miles / 164 square kilometers of high quality USGS orthoimagery
• Thousands of hand-placed custom “autogen” buildings
• Realistic foliage for this region of the US
• Commercial areas include actual businesses and industrial warehouses
• DTE Fermi II Nuclear Plant completely modeled with custom raised Helipad
• Accurate night lighting for the airport and surrounding area
• PBR materials for the airport’s structures and static objects
• Many hard to find Easter Eggs
• Animated custom windsocks and airport beacon
• Custom accurate static aircraft
• Created from on site photography and videos
• Plausible LIT textures for most structures
• Edited road system and powerlines