SkyMaxx Pro v4[SMP 4.6]
Want the best weather in X-Plane? Buy SkyMaxx Pro v4 and Real Weather Connector for amazing immersion!
SkyMaxx Pro v4 - A revolutionary weather rendering engine for both X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11!
X-Plane's most popular and best-selling add-on is back as version 4.0, and with some stellar new features!
Maxx-XP, in co-operation with Sundog Software, and X-Aviation are excited to bring you another game changing experience to the weather rendering in X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11! SkyMaxx Pro v4 is an X-Plane cloud and sky replacement engine boasting all-new technology for X-Plane that it's almost like having an all-new sim!
Typically runs faster than X-Plane's default clouds but looks better, double the draw distance compared to SkyMaxx Pro v3 with vast performance increases, introduces 3D precipitation, stratiform clouds, crepuscular rays, clouds aloft with wind speed, truly 3D clouds.
How SkyMaxx Pro works
SkyMaxx Pro is a plug-in that disables X-Plane's cloud and weather rendering engine, then replaces it with the SkyMaxx Pro version of weather. It takes weather data from the already existing X-Plane weather menu that you are used to, so there's nothing new to learn. What you gain are some amazing visual effects at almost no performance hit! In fact, most of our test team showed that when running default X-Plane clouds vs. SkyMaxx Pro clouds, SkyMaxx Pro had better frame rates over the default X-Plane clouds!
New features in Version 4.0:
Designed to work with both X-Plane 10 and 11!
- Code is implemented in SkyMaxx Pro v4 to know whether you are running X-Plane 10 or 11. Depending on which version, SkyMaxx Pro auto adjusts for the version of X-Plane you are running!
Double your maximum cloud draw area compared to SkyMaxx Pro v3!
- Big performance improvements allow clouds to be drawn across an area up to 320 km across surrounding your plane. Go ahead and crank up SMP's cloud draw area setting and achieve fast, realistic scenes at FL300 and above.
New 3D precipitation system!
- The new precipitation system represents rain, sleet, wet snow, and dry snow - as well as mixed precipitation that responds automatically to the ambient temperature. Precipitation is even lit by your landing lights!
And a whole new precipitation control panel
lets you tweak its appearance to your own liking.
Precipitation is tied to individual clouds
- Rain will start and stop realistically as you fly underneath or through the clouds
All-new "HD Cloud Puffs" overcast representation!
- Fly through large, thick overcast layers built from real HD cloud photos, without killing your framerate. Overcast clouds have never looked so good from above and below.
Integration with SoundMaxx
- Lightning effects in SkyMaxx Pro 4 will trigger 3D positional thunder sound effects when SoundMaxx is installed
Lots of extra polish
- Higher-resolution scattered and broken cumulus clouds, with twice the resolution as SMP3
- Cirrus and cirrocumulus clouds now move realistically relative to your plane's motion.
- Works better than ever with Real Weather Connector: more accurate representations of ground fog, thunderstorm placement, and stratus/overcast cloud placement when used with RWC.
- Adjusts lighting on distant cloud puffs at night
• Lens Flare
• Cloud shadows
• Clouds aloft with wind speed
• Crepuscular rays
• Full 3D Clouds
• Stratus and overcast cloud layers may now be represented by thick, volumetric clouds.
• Extends all the way to the horizon
• Both solid and broken stratiform representations
• Advanced lighting model with real Mie scattering and fogbows!
• Realistic in-cloud effects for convincing IFR landings and takeoffs
• Simulated scud layer
• Real simulation of single, double, and multiple scattering of sunlight and moonlight through the clouds
• 3D volumetric cloud layers adjustable up to 320KM wide
• Uses "dynamically generated imposters" technology to keep frame-rates up
• Convincing high-altitude weather for jetliner pilots
• Soft cloud / terrain blending
• Adjustable soft blending of any cloud type with terrain
• Makes for gorgeous ground fog, or clouds surrounding mountaintops!
• Lightning effects in SkyMaxx Pro 4 will trigger 3D positional thunder sound effects when SoundMaxx is installed
• Integrates seamlessly with the X-Plane weather menus
• X-Plane 10 & 11
• Mac & Windows. No Linux.
• VATSIM - xsquawkbox
• NOAA Weather Plugin
• X-Plane Real Weather Download
• ...And many more!
Why should you get it?
SkyMaxx Pro will literally change the way you see the world in X-Plane, and has four years of development experience in the X-Plane world. It brings the entire simulator to a whole new level of realism. Do you want better X-Plane clouds that really look like clouds and give you a better feeling of really being there? Do you want to see the rays of the sun hit the clouds, and watch pockets of sunshine shine through like they do in real life? Do you want to see clouds that move like they should? Do you want full control of your sky colors? If these questions all interest you, then SkyMaxx Pro is for you! It is an amazing add-on for X-Plane with no learning experience, a very quick install, and a beautiful change to your X-Plane world. Get it today!